Orion asked to make chocolate chip cookies, and I figured I had a basic recipe for them here, but nope - I had a zucchini one and an oatmeal one - but nothing straight up. So I altered a recipe and came up with these, which both kids liked!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter flavored Earth Balance
1 cup brown rice flour
2 TB cornstarch
1 TB tapioca flour
1/2 ts xanthan gum
1/2 ts salt
1/2 ts baking soda
2 TB sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 TB brown sugar
1 TB rice milk or other milk sub
1/2 ts vanilla
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Melt the Earth Balance in a medium saucepan over low heat.
2. In separate bowl, combine brown rice flour, cornstarch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, salt & baking soda.
3. In mixing bowl, pour melted butter over brown sugar & sugar. Mix together until creamed.
4. Add egg, milk sub & vanilla & mix until incorporated.
5. Slowly add flour and mix until combined.
6. Add chocolate chips and stir until combined.
7. Chill in the refrigerator until firm, about 1 hour.
8. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop dough into 1 inch balls. Bake in 375 oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven, let cool on the pans for a couple minutes. Remove from the pan to finish cooling.