What - a beef recipe on my site?! Truth be told, several of these recipes were beef, and I switched them to turkey because I don't eat beef. But I realize some people actually do! So I decided to leave the name alone on this one. Notice it is still tagged for turkey in my labels. :)
Well... I thought this was pretty bland, but my husband loved it, and my normally picky son even ate it! I would recommend upping the spices if you like them. I thought it was a strange thing to be putting in the oven. Seemed like it could do just fine simmering on the stove. I followed the directions, though, and it came out fine.
And oh yeah, guess what? It's easy! ;)
Ground Beef and Garbanzo Bean Casserole
SERVES 5 -6
* 1 lb ground beef
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans (you can subsitute 1 15 oz can white kernel corn for 1 can garbanzo beans if you want)
* 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 2 bay leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Brown beef with onion and garlic until onion is tender and beef is brown.
3. Drain fat.
4. Stir in everything else and heat to boiling.
5. Put in a 1 1/2 quart casserole and cover.
6. Bake for 45 minutes.
7. Remove bay leaves.
8. Be sure and stir before serving.