This recipe called for cheddar cheese and sour cream. I left both out and thought it was still great. You could use CF versions I suppose or just have them available if you have dairy eaters in the family.
Southwestern Quinoa Veggie Casserole
* 3/4 cup quinoa
* 1 (14 ounce) can Tomatoes
* 1 (15 ounce) can whole black beans, drained
* 1/4 cup sliced jalapeno
* 1 cup frozen corn
* 1/2 cup vegetable broth
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
* sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400. Rinse the quinoa, then toast it in a skillet until it pops.
2. Combine all ingredients except cheese and sour cream in a 2 quart casserole.
3. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Remove and stir.
5. Bake for another 20 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed and quinoa is tender.
6. Cover with cheese, if using, and broil till cheese is melted (usually around 1 or 2 minutes).
7. Serve with sour cream.