Monday, November 9, 2009
* 1 pinch saffron
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 teaspoon agave syrup or honey
* 1 dash sea salt
* 1/2 cup oyster or other mushroom
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
* 2 tablespoons nama shoyu or soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon dulse flakes
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 1 1/2 cups turnips, chopped (I used zucchini and hear carrots work fine too)
* 1/3 cup pine nuts
* 1/4 cup bell pepper
* 2 tablespoons onions
* 1 teaspoon garlic
* 2 small tomatoes, chopped
* 1/2 cup fresh peas
* 1/4 cup parsley
* 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, soaked well chopped
1. For the dressing - soak a large pinch of saffron in the lemon juice for 20mins. Then whisk in the remaining ingredients.
2. While the saffron is soaking, marinate the the mushrooms.
3. Pulse turnips, pine nuts, bell peppers, onion, and garlic in food processor until grainy rice-like consistency.
4. Stir in tomatoes, peas, parsley and saffron dressing.
5. Top with drained marinated mushrooms, additional finely chopped parsley and a dusting of paprika.
Akasha loved this!