Sauteed Fennel


This recipe is really no rocket science, but I decided to include it because I don't think alot of people think about fennel as a side dish, and it was just so delicious that I figured posting it might encourage folks to include it in their veggie line up. :) You could use many types of oils in this dish. Olive oil, butter, ghee or coconut oil would all be good choices - I used coconut, and it was delicious like that! I have recently gotten into a paleo style of eating and don't recommend canola or other types of vegetable oils. They break down and release free radicals during cooking. Even olive oil has that issue a bit. Butter, ghee and coconut oil are really the best options for sauteing. I am guessing on the amounts here as I just through it together. :)

Sauteed Fennel

Ingredients:

1 fennel bulb, cut in thin slices
1 TB oil of your choice
1 clove of garlic, minced
Salt, to taste

Directions:

Heat the oil up in a pan and toss in your garlic. Let it spread out a bit and get fragrant, then add the fennel to the pan and sprinkle it with salt to taste. Saute on med heat until there are lots of nice golden brown spots on the fennel. Serve it up! I put this next to a 5spice salmon and thought that worked out nicely.

Comments