I made a cauliflower "rice" for this to go over and thought it was quite good! It also has the potential to be very versatile!
1 lb ground meat
3 TB ghee or other oil of your choice
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 medium-sized onion chopped fine
1 TB minced garlic
1 TB ginger paste (I left this out because Ron doesn't like ginger, and it was still good!)
1 TB coriander powder
1 TB cumin powder
1 TB garam masala
Salt to taste
2 medium-sized tomatoes chopped fine
Juice of 1/2 a lime
Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
1. Heat the cooking oil in a wok or deep pan, on medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and fry for 1 minute. Add the onions now. Fry till they turn a pale golden color.
2. Add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the minced meat and all the powdered spices - coriander, cumin, garam masala and salt to taste. Continue to brown the minced meat, stirring often to prevent burning.
4. Add the tomatoes, stir and cook till they are soft.
5. Remove from heat, add the lime juice and stir.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with rice or cauliflower "rice" or this could be put into lettuce wraps as well.