Hmmm, this one I did follow exactly and it still didn't hold together! I don't eat much soy, but I figure it is OK from time to time. This was super tasty, so it will be on the exception list for sure!
Vegan Tofu Vegetable Loaf
1 lb firm tofu, drained
1/3 cup canola oil
2 carrots, quartered lenghtwise and chopped
2 celery ribs, quartered lenghtwise and chopped
1 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 cups broccoli, chopped into small pieces
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons basil
2 tablespoons oregano
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons black pepper, fresh ground
1 tablespoon canola oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Heat the 1 tbsp of canola oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the rest of the vegetables and stir well for 5-10 minutes until the begin to soften. Take off the heat.
3. In a food processor, combine the tofu, 1/3 cup oil and seasonings until well blended. It will resemble a thick paste.
4. Grease the inside of a loaf pan with a bit of oil.
5. In a bowl, fold the vegetables into the tofu mixture. When well combined, scoop into the loaf pan and smooth out the top.
6. Place loaf in the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes, until tofu has puffed up and starts turning golden brown. Let it cool for 10 minutes and cut into 6 slices.
7. Serve with vegan gravy if desired.