I could not believe how good this was! Akasha totally gobbled it up too! It has almost like a sweet and sour tang to it, I think because I used a Granny Smith apple, so I would suggest sticking to that or using another tart variety.
Chickpea and Apple Curry Casserole
* 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
* 1 cup coconut milk
* 3/4 cup water
* 1 small red onion, chopped
* 1 -2 large sweet potatoes, diced ( I used the 12 oz bag from Trader Joes)
* 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1/4 teaspoon ginger
* 1 tablespoon curry
* 1 teaspoon dried mustard
* 1 teaspoon cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
* 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
* 1/8 teaspoon allspice
1. Mix all of the ingredients into a casserole dish. Cover.
2. Bake, covered, for 60-70 minutes at 375 degrees, stirring occasionally.
3. Alternative: slow cook for 6 hours on low instead of baking.
4. Alternative: add two cups of water. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes instead of baking. Puree 3/4 of mixture with a hand blender and serve as a bisque.