Almond Flour Pizza Crust

Well, I have been going back and forth about posting this because to be honest, I wasn't that crazy about it. But then I realized, it wasn't because of the flavor but more the texture, and some people actually like thin and crispy pizza crust. So if you are one of them, then this might be a great recipe for you!

Almond Flour Pizza Crust

INGREDIENTS:

2 eggs
2 cups of almond flour, plus probably a bit more to make the right texture
2 tsp olive oil
3/4 tsp salt
dried spices, such as basil, thyme and oregano, are optional

Beat the eggs in a medium mixing bowl. Add the other ingredients and stir. If mixture does not easily form a ball, add more flour by the tablespoon. 1 T of coconut flour will also help as it absorbs excess liquid very well. This step is important. My dough formed a ball right away, but it was too sticky to work with and I ended up needing more to be able to mold it. Use your judgment, but if it is sticking to your fingers at all, you probably need to add some flour.

Grease a pizza pan or cookie sheet, and sprinkle some of the flour on as well. Place the ball of dough in the middle of the pan and squish it out into the shape you want. This should be enough dough to mostly cover a standard cookie sheet. It is fine if it doesn't reach all the way to the edges.

Bake the crust for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees, until it is lightly browned and no longer wet. Top with sauce and other toppings, and return to oven for 5-10 minutes, or long enough for toppings to heat up and cheese to melt if you are using cheese.

NOTE: One mistake I made was to rush through the spreading out process. I knew I had this spots, and sure enough they broke while eating the pizza. But I also had thick spots, and they made for a very chewy mouth feel. So I would say it is for sure worth it to try and get it nice and even - fairly thin without almost bare spots!

Comments