Turkey Hash

Turkey Hash

This came from my friend Sierra's Cooking Blog. It is like Thanksgiving Dinner in a bowl! I thought it was pretty good, and my husband thought it was GREAT! I made the cauliflower really fine, like rice, but I think it should have been a bit bigger and maybe I would have gotten the caramelized affect.

Ingredients
3-4 Tbsp. Earth Balance or oil of your choice
1 large onion, chopped
2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 large stalk of celery, chopped
1 tsp. dried sage, rubbed
1 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
1 tsp. dried thyme, rubbed
1 head of cauliflower, cored and finely chopped (I use a food processor.)
1 -2 cups cooked chopped turkey meat
Turkey or chicken broth as needed to keep from sticking
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large frying pan or wok, cook onion, carrots, and celery in the butter until they are starting to soften. Add dried herbs, rubbing to release flavor. Stir. Add cauliflower, turkey and some broth to keep from sticking. Continue cooking and stirring until cauliflower is cooked through and the veggies begin to caramelize. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Comments