Raw Crackers


NOTE: Requires a dehydrator.

Wow, my first attempt at raw crackers, and I couldn't be more pleased. This makes me really wish I had a nice, square dehydrator! I had a hard time spreading them or getting them into any regular shapes from a circle! I had no luck with the scoring, so I am wondering if they were not thin enough, but just leaving them on one side the whole time worked out fine! The original recipe said they taste kindof like Cheese Itz, and I was thinking no way! But they do. I even had a friend try them, and the first thing she said was, "Do these have cheese in them?" Also, I am moving away from using flax seed, so I plan to try it with chia next time.


Raw Crackers

Ingredients

* 1 cup sunflower seed
* 1 cup brazil nut
* 1 cup almonds
* 1 tomato
* 1 cup red pepper, diced
* 1/4 cup flax seed, ground
* 1/4 ts cumin
* 2 teaspoons salt

Directions

1. Soak sunflower seeds, brazil nuts, and almonds for 4 hours.
2. Add all ingredients to food processor and process until as smooth as desired.
3. Spread out on teflex sheet, fruit roll up tray, or waxed paper and dehydrate for about 24 hours. After approximately 8 hours you can cut the crackers to desired size and flip.

Comments