Fudge Like Mom Used to Make

Well, it's the holidays, so much for the diet! I decided to have a few splurges, and when I saw this recipe, I knew this would be one of them. My mom always made fudge at the holidays, so this was like a tribute to her memory. It was great just like this (I used vanilla), but I am thinking I would love to try it with coconut milk some time. The only small problem with this recipe is that it is a bit softer that regular fudge. Right out of the fridge it is perfect, but if it sits out for awhile, it does get quite soft.

Fudge

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 4 cups powdered sugar
* 1/2 cup almond milk
* 2 tablespoons dairy-free margarine (I use Earth Balance)
* 1 teaspoon hazelnut extract or vanilla extract or mint extract
* 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips

Directions

1. In a large bowl, sift together icing sugar and cocoa powder. Stir in chocolate chips.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring the almond milk and non-dairy margarine to a boil, over medium-high heat, careful not to burn. Using a whisk, stir constantly.
3. Once boiling, remove from heat and stir in icing sugar mixture, until combined well and chocolate is melted.
4. Stir in extract.
5. Spread into a 8x8 silicone pan and refrigerate until solid. If you don't have a silicone pan, you'll want to lightly grease your pan.
6. Cut into small pieces.

Comments