Butternut Soup

I thought I had put this up last time I made it! Oh my gosh, it is soooooooo good! It is also really variable. Sometimes I put some shredded chicken in when I am done, but you could also probably put peas, cooked potato, carrots.... all sorts of stuff. But it is heavenly just by itself too!

Butternut Soup

Ingredients

* 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 pint vegetable or chicken stock
* 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
* 1 TB curry powder (or you could use red or yellow coconut paste if you have it and like the heat!)
* 1 13 1/2 ounce can coconut milk
* salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pan and cook the onion until soft.
2. Add the stock, butternut squash and curry powder to taste- as spicy as you like!
3. Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer until the squash is tender.
4. Once the squash is cooked, stir in the coconut milk.
5. Pour into a food processor or use an immersion blender and blend until smooth.
6. Return to the pan and warm through.
7. Season to taste and serve.

Comments