Almond Cookies

So.... hmm... I wasn't sure about including this recipe as I originally only wanted to put things on here I thought were really good. I didn't think these were bad, but they weren't great either. Mainly, they had a sort of bitter taste I am not sure about. My husband swears xylitol has an aftertaste. I have never noticed it but am wondering if that was what I was picking up on in these. Or maybe too much almond extract? Not sure.... If you make them with sugar, and they are great, let me know. :)

Almond Cookies


Ingredients

* 2 cups almond flour
* 1/2 cup sugar or xylitol or Splenda if you are doing low carb
* 1/2 cup softened butter flavor Earth Balance
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon almond extract
* 1 egg

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Using and electric mixer blend softened butter for a minute. Add remaining ingredients and mix together.
3. Form dough into walnut sized balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheet. The oil from the butter and almond flour grease the sheet as the cookie bakes.
4. Bake for 5 minutes. Press down lightly with fork, then continue to bake another 18 minutes. The cookies do not brown.
5. Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before removing.

Comments