Raw "Meatballs"

Before and after dehydrating:

I was skeptical about these, but wow, they were great! The most amazing thing was that my husband, who hates bell peppers, said he even liked them! My only issue was they were too salty for my taste, so I think they will reduce the salt next time. They were quite moist right out of the food processor, so I had trouble forming them into balls, but they held together perfectly when done. Still, for practical purposes, I think I will try adding something, probably chia seeds, to help hold them together better in the beginning.

NOTE: This recipe requires a dehydrator, but if you are not a raw foodie, I am sure you could just cook them on the lowest setting of your oven until they look like the "after" photo.

Raw "Meatballs"

Ingredients

12 ounces mushrooms
3/4 cup walnuts
1 tablespoon italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 red pepper, chopped
1 tomato, chopped

Directions

1. Add ingredients in food processor and process until desired consistency.
2. Drop in half inch or so balls onto a teflex sheet, fruit roll up tray, or waxed paper and dehydrate about 12 hours.

Comments