These were sooooooo good, and I couldn't believe how crunchy they ended up! They also smelled divine while in the dehydrator. Mmmm, house aromatherapy. :)
Caramelized Pecans (Raw Foods)
* 1 cup pecans
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 pinch nutmeg
* 1 pinch sea salt
1. Soak pecans overnight in 2 cups of water (6-12 hours).
2. Drain and rinse.
3. Spread the pecans on a dry towel and blot them dry.
4. Toss with honey, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt.
5. Marinate 30-60 minutes.
6. Spread on dehydrator trays and dehydrate 12-20 hours or until dry.
7. Store in an air-tight container in a cool, dry place.