Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies

Not such a great picture I know, but my son just happened to take it, so I thought I would include it LOL. I would have to say these were just OK. I mean anything is pretty decent with a bunch of chocolate chips in it! The batter seemed... cakey would be the best way to describe it, and the end product had that slightly spongy texture as well. Think I might have used too much xanthan gum. Also, I used the small shred size for the zucchini, which produced alot of liquid. I tried to not get rid of some of it, but didn't really squeeze it out or drain it like I think I should have.


Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

* 1 egg, beaten
* 1/2 cup Earth Balance, softened
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/3 cup honey
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup rice flour
* 1/4 cup flax meal
* 1/2 cup corn starch
* 1/4 cup tapioca starch
* 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
* 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
* 12 ounces chocolate chips

Directions

1.
Combine egg through vanilla in a mixing bowl.
2.
Combine rice flour through nutmeg in a medium bowl and add to liquid mixture.
3.
Stir zucchini and chocolate chips into other ingredients, mix well. Drop by spoonful onto greased baking sheet, and flatten with the back of a spoon. Bake at 350°, 10 to 15 minutes.

Comments