OMG Chocolate Torte!

OK, so I am marking this one as low GI, even though the chocolate would have some sugar in it. I found it on a low carb site, so I am guessing the chocolates with the high percentages must be fairly low in sugars.... One important note though. I loved this was soy milk, and was excited to try it with almond milk, but it didn't set at all like it was supposed to. I am thinking it is something about the proteins maybe.... So I am writing this up with soy, although it is not my favorite milk substitute, because I am not sure others would work. Maybe hemp milk, but not almond or rice. Also, it is better if the soy milk is room temperature. Otherwise it seems to cool the chocolate too much and not mix well.

CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE TORTE
6 ounces Lindt 70% cocoa dark chocolate, chopped (I used Trader Joe's 72%)
1/2 cup Earth Balance
Pinch salt
1 cup xylitol (or you can use sugar if you are not watching carbs)
1 tablespoon cocoa, sifted
3 eggs
2/3 cup soy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and Earth Balance on 50% power for 2 minutes or until the butter and chocolate are melted, stirring once or twice. Whisk until completely smooth. Whisk in the salt, sweetener, cocoa, eggs, soy milk and vanilla. Whisk until well blended. Pour the chocolate mixture into a greased 9-inch pie plate.

Bake at 350ยบ degrees for 15 minutes or until the torte has puffed around the edges but the center is almost firm to the touch but still slightly jiggly. Cool completely. Chill well before serving. Serve with whipped cream if desired.

Makes 8-10 servings

Comments

FannyHams said…
LOVED this!!!! seriously, best dessert ever!!!! mmmmmmm.