"Mock Cornbread"


So... putting the whole title in quotes as I don't think this tasted anything like cornbread. But it was really good! My only "complaint" was that is was super sweet. It was more like a cake than a cornbread! I made it to put my recently homemade raspberry jam on, and it was so sweet I didn't even want to! I am going to cut the xylitol in half next time. But if you are in the mood for a yummy sweet treat, make it just like this!


MOCK CORN BREAD

1 3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup flax seed meal (you might be able to just sub this out with more almond flour, but this is how I did it for my first try).
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons Earth Balance butter, melted
3 eggs
1/4 cup almond milk, or other milk sub
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar, xylitol, or other sweetener

Blend the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients and the xylitol. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until blended but don't over mix. Pour into a greased 8x8" baking pan. Bake at 400ยบ 18-20 minutes or until browned on top and firm to the touch in the center.

Makes 9 servings

Comments

Lisa said…
I made this today with a 1/4 cup of xylitol and OMG it was perfect!