Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
So... if you are really hungry for lots of ice cream, this will be the best thing you ever tasted. Seriously though, it is such a great recipe, and AMAZING right out of the ice cream maker, but after you put it in the freezer, it gets SO hard. Nothing a little standing out at room temperature can't fix, but dang, I want to know what the secret is from those folks who are selling various coconut based ice creams in the store. Must examine labels for clues....
Pumpkin Ice Cream
* 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
* 1 15 ounce can full fat coconut milk
* 2/3 cup sugar or xylitol or hmmm, maybe I should try agave....
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Whisk together ingredients until smooth.
2. Place mixture into an electric ice cream maker and operate machine according to manufacturer's instructions.
3. When mixture is thick, place ice cream into a freezer container to firm up as desired (it should be like soft-serve out of the machine).