Note: the sweet potatoes need to be cut very small. Also, there seemed to be way too many veggies for the amount of chicken. Maybe they just intended smaller sweet potatoes, but they are usually pretty big.
* 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breast
* 2 apple, peeled and sliced
* 2 sweet potato, peeled and sliced
* 1 onion, sliced thinly
* 1/4 cup maple syrup
* 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
* 1/4 cup chopped pecan
* 1/4 cup dried cranberries or craisins
* 4 tablespoons Earth Balance
1. TO MAKE IN A PAN:
2. Place the chicken breasts (still frozen) on the bottom of the pan.
3. Layer the apples, sweet potatoes, and onion on top.
4. Sprinkle on the nuts and craisins.
5. Place one pat of Earth Balance on each breast.
6. Mix the maple syrup and poultry seasoning together and drizzle on top.
7. TO MAKE IN A BAG:
8. Put everything except the maple syrup, poultry seasoning, and EB into a ziplock bag.
9. Melt the butter and combine with poultry seasoning and maple syrup.
10. Put these in a little bowl and freeze separately (in the bag).
11. When ready to cook, dump bag out and then pour (thawed) syrup butter mix on top.
12. To cook: Thaw. Cook covered in a 350 oven for 30-45 minutes. I confess I normally skip the thaw step and put it in the oven.