Creamy Chickpea and Tahini Casserole
Note: I would like to try adding something green to this, maybe chopped spinach?
* 2 (15-22 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 3-4 cups cooked brown rice
* 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomato, undrained
* 1 medium white onion, chopped
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or equiv. fresh garlic)
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or equiv. fresh)
* 1 teaspoon dried basil (or equiv fresh)
* 1-2 teaspoon dried parsley (or equiv. fresh)
* 3 tablespoons tahini
* 3 tablespoons water
* 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix tahini and water until well mixed (it should get kind of"fluffy").
3. Set aside.
4. Spray 9x13 pan with olive oil.
5. Dump all ingredients into pan.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Mix well.
8. Add tahini mixture, stir until well combined.
9. Bake at 375 for approximately 40 minutues, until top begins to brown.
10. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and bake 5 minutes more.