Coconut Chicken Curry - Crock Pot
I was surprised this wasn't as good as I expected. I still liked it, but I couldn't taste the coconut milk much. I think I will use more next time, and more curry powder as well. And it was SO easy! Especially because I don't bother with the browning step!
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
* 3 medium potato, peeled and chopped
* 1 medium onion, sliced
* 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder (preferably mild for Orion)
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
1. Heat oil in a medium fry pan.
2. Add chicken breasts and brown on both sides.
3. Place potatoes and onion in crock pot.
4. Place chicken thighs on top.
5. Combine coconut milk, salt, pepper, curry powder and chicken broth in a bowl and stir thoroughly.
6. Add to crock pot.
7. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
8. One half hour before serving, add peas on top of chicken mixture.
9. Just before serving, stir mixture thoroughly.
10. Serve over rice or Asian noodles, if desired.