Coconut Chicken Curry - Crock Pot

Coconut Chicken Curry - Crock Pot

Ingredients

I was surprised this wasn't as good as I expected. I still liked it, but I couldn't taste the coconut milk much. I think I will use more next time, and more curry powder as well. And it was SO easy! Especially because I don't bother with the browning step!

* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil

* 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs

* 3 medium potato, peeled and chopped

* 1 medium onion, sliced

* 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper

* 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder (preferably mild for Orion)

* 1 cup chicken broth

* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed

Directions

1. Heat oil in a medium fry pan.

2. Add chicken breasts and brown on both sides.

3. Place potatoes and onion in crock pot.

4. Place chicken thighs on top.

5. Combine coconut milk, salt, pepper, curry powder and chicken broth in a bowl and stir thoroughly.

6. Add to crock pot.

7. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.

8. One half hour before serving, add peas on top of chicken mixture.

9. Just before serving, stir mixture thoroughly.

10. Serve over rice or Asian noodles, if desired.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Lisa- I'm browsing your lovely cooking blog and really enjoying it. I wondered- did you try this recipe again since posting it? I also made a disappointing coconut curry recently and wanted to taste more coconut flavor. Do you think adding coconut oil would help? So that's at least 2 dishes we could make together if we started meeting up. In this recipe, of we swapped out the cornstarch for arrowroot, it would be FAA. :)
Anonymous said…
hi! i am making a crock pot chicken curry right now but i used butternut squash & added 1 med eggplant. later on I'll add a can of garbanzo and finish it w/ a bunch of basil leaves. sort or Thai-Indian curry-hehe. but i did got the idea of the crock pot from you-so heads up girl! for mama rachele, i think coconut oil will not help. usually it should be coconut milk. Imelda