It has been ages since I posted any recipes, so I am going to do a giant catch up. I researched a bunch or recipes that friends could bring post pregnancy and figured I would share the ones we got and I liked. Here is the first...
Chicken With Bacon and Wine
- 4 to 5 chicken breasts & thighs
- 8 bacon slices, diced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 8 small white onions peeled
- 8 ounces small whole mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup dry red wine
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- 1 to 2 tablespoons each, water and corn starch, optional
In large skillet, sauté diced bacon and green onions until bacon is crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Add chicken pieces to skillet and brown well on all sides. Remove browned chicken and set aside.