Heavenly Peanut Butter "Ice Cream"

I actually made this awhile ago, but I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to post about it. I had been wanting to make a coconut based ice cream for awhile, and I am glad I finally took the plunge! It was amazing!!! And I chose peanut butter as Orion doesn't really eat nut butters plain - I think it is something about the texture. So I figured with peanuts, coconut and xylitol being the main ingredients, it would be really healthy and he could eat as much as he wants! The weird thing was, he didn't seem to care for it at first.... He loved the batter but then wouldn't eat it once frozen. Then a few days, he got into it again. :shrug:

Messy ingredients in the food processor.
All mixed up.
Into the ice cream maker...
... and done! It was a little too much and was overflowing!
In the bowl! Oh yum, yum, yum, yum, YUM!

Peanut Butter Ice Cream

Plan ahead when making this ice cream. Be sure to place the container of your ice cream maker in the freezer at least 6 hours prior to using it but even longer is best. Also, prepare the ice cream batter ahead of time so that it has time to chill and thicken in your fridge. aim for at least 4 hours, or even overnight.

1 cup crunchy salted natural peanut butter
2 t pure vanilla extract
1 cup plain rice milk
1 1/3 cup FULL FAT unsweetened coconut milk [do not shake the can: grab as much of the cream as you can]
3/4 cup granulated sugar OR light brown sugar [packed] (I used xylitol)

Blend all ingredients together in your food processor or blender.

Let sit in your fridge for at least 4 hours/overnight.

Later or the next day, place in your ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.

Place the ice cream container in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to allow it to set.

Comments