I have not been posting stuff I don't eat, but this *is* GFCF, and my husband LOVED it. I had a hard time preparin git because beef grosses me out, but he is eating low carb right now, so I am trying to support him in that. So no picture as adding this was an afterthought, but here it is:
Best Crock Pot Roast
1(3lb) beef roast
3 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces(I use a scissor to save time)
8 garlic cloves, 6 quartered, 2 mashed
1-2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon smoky paprika
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 teaspoon oregano, to taste
1/2 teaspoon thyme, to taste
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1. Using a sharp, thin knife (like a boning knife), create deep holes in the meat, inserting the quartered pieces of garlic and bacon.
2. Using a mortar and pestle, mash garlic and salt first, then add paprika, parsley, olive oil and vinegar.
3. Rub this mixture all over the roast.
4. Put the roast into the crockpot and cook on low 7-10 hours, or until done.
5. Note: if you like, you can also add 1/2 glass red wine about 1 hour before the roast is done.
6. You can substitute a pork sirloin roast for the beef too, mmmmm.