Gluten Free Banana Bread

Finally got another loaf of banana bread made. I first made this recipe based on one on the back of a Bob's Red Mill bag. I have made several modifications since, and here is the way I usually make it now. Here it is just before going in the oven.And just out. Gluten Free Banana Bread 

 Ingredients 

1 1/2 cups very ripe bananas 
1 cup rice flour 
1/2 cup tapioca flour 
1/4 cup flax seed meal 
2 teaspoons baking powder 
1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon 
1 teaspoon xanthan gum 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/3 cup coconut oil 
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed (sometimes I use half xylitol) 
2 large eggs 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1/2 cup chocolate chips, raisins or walnuts, depending on your taste or mood! 

Directions 

Preheat oven to 350. 
Grease 9x5-inch non-stick loaf pan. For smaller loaves, use three 5x3 inch loaf pans. 
Mash bananas until you have 1 1/2 cups.  This usually takes 2-3 bananas, depending on their size. 
In medium bowl, stir together rice flour, tapioca flour, flax seed meal, baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan gum and salt. 
Cream together oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl. Add dry ingredient mix to egg mixture, alternating with bananas. Mix with a fork until smooth. Stir in chips, nuts or raisins if using. Batter will be somewhat soft.  Transfer to pan(s). Bake 9x5" loaf for 1 hour, 5x3" loaves for 45 minutes.  Test with a toothpick to make sure they are done, then every few minutes after that if they need more time. 

Comments

Nellie said…
I tagged you! Check my site for details!
Anna said…
LOVE THE BANANA BREAD!! Definitely a keeper, my husband, who is not GFCF, loves the bread so much that I have to make one loaf just for him. I also used soy flour instead of flaxseed mill, and it still turned out perfect!