Chinese 5-Spice Oatmeal Cookies
2 cups gluten free oats
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 ts xanthan gum
1 cup ground almonds
1 1/2 ts 5 spice powder
1 ts baking powder
1 ts ground cinnamon
1/2 ts salt
1 cup Earth Balance
1 cup granulated sugar or xylitol
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
2 1/2 ts vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, ground nuts, 5-spice powder, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the Earth Balance and both sugars until light and smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the EB mixture and beat well.
- Add flour mixture to the EB mixture and beat until blended.
- Drop by mounded tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets, leaving about 1 1/2" gap between each mound of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies.